Seven inspirational local heroes from internationally famous ice cream man Marco Zeraschi to the football supporters who helped save Barry Town FC are coming together to share their stories to mark the start of a new type of bank – an Ideasbank – for Barry.
The seven speakers each speaking for just seven minutes, will seek to inspire others to think of ideas to help make Barry yet better at the free special launch event taking place on Monday November 26th at 7pm in the Glamorgan Suite in the Memorial Hall, Barry.
The speakers include:
• Hilary Brown who promotes celebrating Jamaican pride in Barry
• Tony Hopkins whose butchers shop bags are photographed all around the world by his customers.
• Paul Rebane, local school teacher and lead singer with soul band Dansette.
• The Barry Town Supporters Club on how they saved their football club.
• Marco Zeraschi on the incredible story of worldwide fame
• Claire Scantlebury on how she connects with some of the world’s greatest thinkers
A further guest speaker will be announced nearer the date.
Admission to the launch event is free. Further details at the Facebook site Barry Kucha
The Barry IdeasBank is believed to be a world-first, an independent community IdeasBank.
It is being created by creativity organization, the Flexible Thinking Forum – a not-for-profit social enterprise. The pioneering and innovative nature of the project has been recognised by support for the project from social enterprise charity UnLtd. and the Royal Society for Arts, Commerce and Manufacturing..
Organisers are hoping it will become a world-class example of what is called ‘crowdsourcing’ and ‘open source innovation’ for others to follow.
“All of us have ideas have how we can make where we live yet better.” said Andy Green of the Flexible Thinking Forum. “Our seven speakers all have great personal stories to share to provide both an entertaining and inspiring evening.”